Part A

Part a:

My writing identity prior to the course was very limited as I only ever write for LA classes. Writing creatively was not something I did in my free time and one of the reasons for me to take this course was to enhance my writing overall which may affect my academic courses.

My writing identity now is very much changed from what it was at the beginning of the semester. I now feel comfortable approaching a prompt or creatively which was not the case prior to the course.

The voice and style of my writing have increased significantly, I am now able to write more fluently than I was able to before. As a writer my ideas, voice, and style have completely changed I still have some sentence structure problems as well as some grammatical errors throughout my writing.

Some advice to upcoming creative writing students would be don’t be hesitant in writing whatever comes into your mind overall it is a creative writing class and you have the freedom to write about whatever you like and the way you write.

As a mentor, I would definitely like to emphasize on reading and the quality of the books you’re reading. Speaking from personal experience, talking to Ms. Hunnisett and figuring out what books I should be reading really made a difference. I could feel my reading powers improving and my vocabulary advanced a great deal as well. Also, don’t be afraid to make the best use of your journals as some of your potential blog posting pieces may come from your basic ideas jotted down in your journals.

I am still not quite sure on whether I can fit creative writing in my busy schedule for next year but I would love to have this side course to help me build my base for ELA 30-1. However, I would try to find some time over the summer to practice writing so I can improve my skills by focusing on my GUMPS. I would also try to find some time to read and mostly focus some of the required reads for ELA 30-1.